Thursday, May 10, 2018

Dots, Lines, Words, and Funny Clothes

So yesterday, The Lady and I were sitting in our library thinking about all of the books that we could read together once she finished her semester.  The Lady said she doesn't have enough time to read very many books during the school year.  To me, that seemed like a funny thing to say because I thought school was all about reading lots of books and learning new stuff.  I asked her about this and she said that school books are different from reading books.  Maybe that is because most of her school books are filled with lines and dots and curly things instead of letters and words.  I like books where the words all go together and tell a story.  Her line and dot and curly things books don't tell a story, at least they don't tell a story that this little furry blue and orange monster can read.


And as of today,  school is officially over for The Lady!   Tonight was graduation at her school.  That where her students go when they are all done with reading school books.  The clothes that she has to wear when she goes to graduation are funny looking, especially the hat.  Why does anyone want to wear a square on their head?  I definitely don't want to.   That square hat doesn't fit over my horns at all.  And that pink and green thing around her neck...I like that even less than the funny square hat.  Orange and blue are so much prettier than pink and green!  The Lady told me that she has to wear those colors...something about all of the school books with dots and lines that she read and the school she went to when she was reading them.  That's too bad for her.  She should have picked different books or a different school or maybe both!



The good part of all of this is that it is now summer vacation time at our house!  We'll see what kind of books we find to read now.  Maybe there are some about furry little monsters like me.  Hopefully whatever books I read won't make me have to wear funny looking clothes when I am done!

No comments:

Post a Comment