Wednesday, May 2, 2018

In the Dark

I sure will be glad when The Lady is all done with her school year.  She always comes into my room to say good-bye in the morning before she goes to work.  I think she leaves for work in the middle of the night.  It is super dark when she kisses me good-bye.  This furry little blue and orange monster is not awake when it is super dark outside.  I'm not even awake when it is still a little dark outside.  My eyes are squeezed closed and I am sound to sleep until the sun is nice and bright.  I don't know who The Lady teaches when she goes to school in the middle of the night.  I guess there are people who have to go to school then.  I'm sure glad that I am notone of them.  I get to stay at home and learn from Mr. Guy!

When I woke up this morning, I sort of remembered The Lady talking to me before she left.  I thought she said that when she got home that she needed to take a picture of me in my Him Den for her picture taking group.

Him Den?  

Did she mean my room?  I've never heard her call my room a Him Den before.  

I hoped that wasn't what she meant because my room is not very neat right now.  Mr. Guy did all of the laundry yesterday and I have not put mine away yet.  And, I'd have to pick up my books and crayons and make my bed because I know The Lady wouldn't want my Him Den to be messy in her picture.

Him Den???

When I was finally awake enough to join Mr. Guy for breakfast, I asked him what a Him Den was.  He was as confused as I was.  He had no idea what a Him Den was.  He said that some people talk about a Man Cave and told me that a Man Cave is where guys can go to get away from girls.  Hmmm.  I thought a Him Den maybe sounded sort of like a Man Cave.  I asked Mr. Guy if we have a Man Cave.  He laughed and said, "Are you kidding?  We live with The Lady, Girl Offspring No. 1, two girl dogs, and a girl cat.  No!  We do not have a Man Cave; in fact, our whole house is a She Shed!"

A She Shed?

He explained to me that a She Shed is space for girls to do what girls do and a place to keep all of their girl stuff like yarn and magazines and fabric and craft stuff.  

So, I learned something today, but I still was not sure what The Lady meant by a photo of me in my Him Den.  I had to wait until she got home to figure that out.

When The Lady finally got home, I barely said "hi" before I asked her about this Him Den photo thing.  She laughed at me and said that I must have been really asleep when we talked this morning.  She didn't say Him Den.  She said Den Him.  I thought for a minute.

Him Den.  Man Cave.

Den Him.  Cave Man.

The Lady thinks I look like a Cave Man???

I am furry, sort of like a cave man, but I am not a cave man!  I am a sweet little blue and orange furry monster!  Now my feelings were kind of hurt.  The Lady asked me what was wrong and I told her that she hurt my feelings by calling me a cave man.  She laughed at me.  "I don't think you are a Cave Man...or a Den Him.  I am talking about what I need for you to wear, a fabric called D-E-N-I-M, denim.  It's the fabric that jeans are made from."

Ohhhh!  Now this all makes more sense!

Mr. Guy, The Lady, and I all have blue jean DENIM jackets.  All she wanted was for us to take a family picture with all of us wearing them.  What a relief!  


I didn't have to fold my clothes or pick up my crayons.  This all did start me thinking...Maybe I should work on turning my room into a Him Den so that Mr. Guy and I have a boy place where we can go to figure out all the girls that we live with!

1 comment: