Friday, May 3, 2019

May 3 - Lions and Circles and Legs, Oh My!

Because today was Friday, The Lady did not have to go to school.  I was excited about that.  Then The Lady told me that she had met all the dead lions this week so we could spend the whole day together having fun together, The Lady, me, and Mr. Guy.

I am not sure why The Lady met dead lions this week and I'm really not sure why that means we get to spend the day together having fun.  First of all, I didn't even know that there were any lions, dead or alive, here in Texas.  I've never seen a lion except in books.  I know there are lions in Africa and sometimes mean people kill the lions.  I sure hope that Mr. Guy and The Lady are not mean people who made the lions dead.  I know that I don't want to meet any dead lions.

The Lady seemed happy about all of the dead lions she met.  She said that was a good thing because it meant that she did not have to worry about anything today except having fun with me and Mr. Guy.  I decided it was best for me to forget about The Lady and her dead lions and just have fun.  And that's what I did!

Every May, because I get my picture taken a lot, Mr. Guy and The Lady take me shopping for new shirts.  Since I haven't been on any trips lately, I haven't gotten any new shirts in a long time.  We usually go to the red store with the white circles to buy my shirts.  





The red store with the white circles has the best shirts for  little blue and orange furry monsters.  And since The Lady is still taking pictures of red stuff, I thought this was a good place for us to go.

Usually when we go places, Mr. Guy carries me, but at the red store, I ride in the go cart and Mr. Guy pushes me.  It is fun!  Sometimes people look at me strangely, or maybe they are looking at Mr. Guy and The Lady strangely, but we just smile and keep going.  

Mr. Guy told me that they had to shop for some stuff for them before we looked for my shirts.



I felt like I was in a fort of toilet paper.  I'm glad it was all new!

Finally it was time to shop for me.  Yay!



Look at all of those shirts!  Orange ones and blue ones!  And lots of other colors too!  There were so many to choose from.  Mr. Guy helped me look at them all and we picked some out.  He found them in the right size for this little monster.  I wear a size 3T T-shirt.  Why is that the letter "T" so important in everything?



Mr. Guy bought me four new shirts!  

After we finished at the red store with the white circles, we went to a dirt store.  I don't know why we had to buy dirt in bags when we have a whole yard full of dirt on the ground.  Mr. Guy said we needed the special dirt from the dirt store for some of his plants.  He said that when we got home, we were going to put some new plants in pots and they needed the dirt store dirt.  I like to play in the dirt, any kind of dirt, so it didn't matter to me if we had ground dirt or dirt store dirt.

When we got home and before putting the plants in their pots, I changed into one of my very first shirts, my "dirt shirt."  Ms. Michele,, one of The Lady's picture taking friends who lives in Delaware, which is where I came from, gave me this shirt when she and Ms. Peggy visited with us after The Captain was sick.  It is still one of my favorite shirts.  And it was perfect for playing in the dirt store dirt because it doesn't get dirty!



After all of the plants were in their pots of dirt, we had to put water on them.  I don't have a special water shirt.  That's OK because I don't like getting wet.  Getting wet makes my fur feel very funny!

We still had lots of time left this afternoon, so The Lady said we should play with some of her toys.  She has these toys that are a bunch of little pieces that she says you can put them together and make stuff.  Today she wanted to work on making a bus.  That sounded like fun even though I don't know how to make a bus out of lots of little pieces.  The Lady said that I just had to look at the pictures in the directions and match the pieces in the pictures with our pieces and we would eventually make a bus.  That didn't seem too hard.  I'm a smart little monster.

Then The Lady got out the pieces, lots and lots and lots of pieces!  None of them, except for the wheels, looked like they had anything to do with a bus, but I trusted The Lady and tried to match the pictures to our pieces.



The first piece that I picked up said Leg Zero on it.  No wonder none of these pieces look like bus pieces.  Buses don't have legs!  And even if they did, LegO doesn't make any sense.  Shouldn't it say Leg1 or Leg2?  I decided that maybe making buses with legs from lots of little pieces is not something I want to do.  Mr. Guy doesn't like playing with The Lady's toys either.  He and I had some guy bonding time on the couch napping while The Lady played with her toys.  I think that was OK with her.  

I hope tomorrow is as fun as today was...and that I don't meet any dead lions!



No comments:

Post a Comment