Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 5 - Just A Day

Today is Sink of the Mayo, a day for lots of parties here in Texas.  Mr. Guy said that the parties are to celebrate the Mexican army de-feeting the French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.  Why do we celebrate the Mexican army taking away the feet of the French people in the first place.  And in the second place, why do we celebrate with sinks full of mayonnaise?  I've never been to one of these parties and I don't think I ever want to go.  What if they tried to de-feet me?  And mayonnaise is kind of gross.  I wonder what they do with those sinks full of mayonnaise?  Maybe they now celebrate with potato salad and coleslaw instead of French feet.

I think I'm glad that my family did not celebrate Sink of the Mayo Day today.  Mr. Guy went to the library and then took a nap. The Lady and I baked cookies.  I wanted to make a cake because I didn't get my cake yesterday, but The Lady had to make cookies for her other blog so that's what we did.  I had fun, even though I got cookie dough in my fur when I tried to stick my orange claw in the bowl and scoop some of the dough for a taste test.  I'm not sure The Lady had fun because she had to give this little blue and orange furry monster a bath to clean my fur right in the middle of cookie baking.  After that, she showed me how to use her special cookie dough ball making gadget.




Our cookies are really good.  The Lady and her baking friend, Ms. Tracey, will write about the cookies and share the recipe on their blog, Sifted Together, tomorrow.  But, I still want some cake.

Mr. Guy said that since I didn't get any cake, maybe we could reconsider and go to a Sink of the Mayo celebration a get a special kind of Mexican dessert.  He said it is called a sofa pillow.  I want cake, not a sofa pillow!  I think Mr. Guy is spending too much time with the canine who likes to eat that white fluffy stuff in the sofa pillows.  Maybe those two should go out and celebrate together.  I'll stayhome and eat The Lady's cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment