Monday, May 2, 2016

A Month of Me - Day 2

This little monster had a big surprise today!  When Mr. Guy and The Lady got home from school, they said that they needed to go to the store to get a few things and that I could go.  I asked if this store would be a disappointment like the stores in the airport last week.  Mr. Guy said he was sure that they would have the things that were on his shopping list and that they might even have a shirt for me.  He promised me that we could look.  This trip was sounding pretty good now.

We went to Target.


Mr. Guy always carries me when we go places.  I asked him if he feels silly carrying a blue and orange furry monster into public places and he said, "Nope."  I'm glad because if he felt silly, I would never get to go anywhere and that would be boring and I would never get any new shirts!

When we got inside the store, I got to ride in a big red monster mobile.  It was fun!  Mr. Guy and The Lady drove me around, kind of like the pilot does on the airplane, but with the red monster mobile our wheels stayed on the ground.  This store had all kinds of things for me to look at.  They even had a place especially for taking pictures of little monsters!


This is the Target dog.  It kind of looks like the dogs at our house except this one didn't have any fur.

Right around the corner from the picture spot were the little monster sized shirts.  As Mr. Guy steered my monster mobile, I could see lots and lots of blue and orange shirts!!  Yep.  No more Big D for this little monster!  Mr. Guy helped me find shirts in my size.


He and The Lady said that I could get more than one new shirt since I am going to have lots of pictures taken this month.  The Lady said that it was easier to buy me a few new shirts than to have to wash my old one's all the time for my pictures.  This sounded like a good plan to me.  There were some shirts that had my favorite colors, but I didn't quite understand the picture on the shirt.  Mr. Guy tried to explain it to me, but I still didn't understand.  


After I picked out my shirts, we went to some other places in the store.  We passed a section of crazy looking contraptions.  The Lady told me that they were for human babies.  To me they looked like they would turn babies into robots or something.


I'm sure glad that Mr. Guy will hold me and carry me and not put me in one of these baby robot makers.  I guess they could maybe be fun, but I am a monster who likes to cuddle and neither Mr. Guy or The Lady would fit in one of these things with me!

One of the reasons that Mr. Guy wanted to come to Target was to get some beard wash.  Beard wash???  

He said that it keeps his fur neat and clean.  I wondered if I needed beard wash since I have lots of fur.  I don't really have a beard.  Well, maybe I do, but it is all over my body!  Mr. Guy only has fur on his chin.  He doesn't even have fur on his head!  I think I have more fur than he does, but I didn't get any beard wash or fur wash.  I hope my fur looks neat and clean!

Then we shopped for a few more things that seemed boring to a little blue and orange furry monster.  I just looked around at all the people while Mr. Guy and the Lady filled the cargo compartment of my monster mobile.  I found lots of people to smile and wave at.  We even saw one of Mr. Guy's students from his school.


After we paid for my cool new shirts and Mr. Guy and The Lady's boring other stuff, we went for a treat.  Mr. Guy took us to get frozen yogurt.  The Lady is counting her calories. I don't know exactly what that means, but she said that she was only having a tiny bit of yogurt with nothing special on it.  Mr. Guy said that she was going to have boring yogurt and that he and I would share.  I was so excited to see that they had blue and orange yogurt!!  Mr. Guy said I could have both of them!  And, he let me get blue and orange dots to put on it.  It was tasty.  I hope that I didn't get any in my beard.  I mean my fur.  Mr. Guy didn't offer to share his beard wash with me.


Maybe tomorrow The Lady will take a picture of me in one of my new shirts.

I am certainly enjoying this month of me May!


3 comments:

  1. What a delightful adventure you have had, Blueper B! I can't wait to see all of your new shirts this month. A whole month of you sounds like a wonderful plan to me. Target used to be my favorite store when I lived close to one. As much as I love living in the country, I do miss the fun of shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for reading about my adventures! I'm sorry that you don't have a Target store close to you. Maybe you can come visit us in Texas some day and Mr. Guy can take you shopping for T-shirts and yogurt too! I suppose if you want the boring Cheerios and air filters you could get some of them as well.

      Delete