Saturday, May 7, 2016

A Month of Me - Day 7

Today was much better than yesterday!  Mr. Guy and The Lady did not have to go anywhere until this evening.  We spent all morning sitting on the patio drinking coffee and watching the birds and the squirrels.  Some of those squirrels have as much fur as I do!  None of us needed fur today because it was eighty-five degrees at our house.  I was hot!  I told Mr. Guy that maybe he should take me to the fur cutting shop so that I won't get so hot when summer really gets here.  He said that he didn't that that was a good idea because my fur protects me from the sun.  If I got my fur cut off I would have to put sun cream all over me like The Lady does or I will become a red monster instead of a blue and orange monster.  I wouldn't like that.  I would like to have a hat to protect me from the sun like Mr. Guy has, but my horns make it hard for me to find a hat that fits.  I guess I will just keep my fur.  

Since we were spending the day outside, I put on my "Dirt Shirt" that Ms. Michele gave me when we visited her in Delaware.  It is one of my favorite shirts!  Every time I wear it, I remember our visits.

This afternoon we checked on all of the plants and flowers in our yard.  I didn't know that we had so many.  It felt like we were at the park.  Lots of our flowers are blue and orange! 


 It makes me happy to look around and see my favorite colors everywhere!  Blue and orange make The Lady happy too.



We also planted a new bluish purple flower.  One of The Lady's students gave it to her.


Mr. Guy said that it needed to go in our butter flies garden.  I was confused.  I didn't know that butter could fly!  The Lady had lots of butter out last night while she was making all that bread.  It didn't fly.  It stayed right on the counter where she put it until it was time to go in the big whirly machine.  Maybe that's when it flies.  The whirly machine makes it go round and round.  The Lady explained that we were not talking about flying butter, but insects that are called butterflies.  She said that they have pretty colors on their wings and that some of them are even blue and orange.  I hope that these butterfly things like our flowers and will come stay in our garden.  I would like to see one of them.

Mr. Guy picked me up to show me a pretty white flower.  I can't remember its name...something about magazines and oil, I think.


It is on a big bush.  Mr. Guy also showed me all the baby flowers that have not been born yet.  He said that in a few days they will be born and the bush will have lots more of these pretty white flowers all over it.

After we were done investigating the garden, Mr. Guy and I had to rest!  Playing in the dirt is hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment