Friday, May 20, 2016

A Month of Me - Day 20


When Mr. Guy got home from school today he told me that he had ordered a present for me and that it would come in the mail.  Before he could finish what he was saying, I went running out to the mailbox.  A long time ago I got a present in the mail from Ms. Michele.  It had lots of fun stuff in it!  And last summer I got a basket in the mail that a lady in North Carolina made for me.  I like to get mail!!!  

When I got to the mailbox, there was nothing there.  I was very disappointed.  Why would Mr. Guy tell me there was a present in the mail and there was nothing?  He came out to the mailbox too.  When he saw that I was sad because there was no present for me, he explained that he had not finished what he was saying.  He told me that he had ordered my present and it would come in the mail next week.  I didn't hear that part.  Well really, I didn't listen.  The Lady  always tells me that it is very important to listen to ALL the words.  I didn't do that.  If I had listened to all of Mr. Guy's words, I wouldn't have run to the mailbox and been disappointed.

Mr. Guy has an app on his phone that will tell him exactly what day my present will be delivered.  And then he will tell me.  The next time I run to the mailbox, I will not be disappointed!

Oh, and I don't have colored claws anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment