Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Month of Me - Day 4



Today is the me May the fourth. The Lady and Mr Guy said today is also Star Wars Day. I do not really understand what that is, but I know I do not like anything about war. People fighting just seems like a bad idea to me. So having a day named after war seems not good at all. 

All day I heard people say “May the Forks be with you”. I imagined people were using forks against each other. That seemed really bad to me. Not as bad as using knives or guns, but bad. I would not want to be stabbed with a fork. I would not like someone stealing food off my plate with a fork. 

Mr Guy explained that Star Wars is a movie. The movie (he said there was more than one) is about a bunch of people who know how to use the “Force”. He said it is a magical power that let people control things with their thoughts. Good people and bad people use this power.The good ones use it to help people, The bad ones use it to harm people. The good people always say “May the Force be with you” to each other. Because “May the Force” sounds a lot like “May the fourth” this day was named Star Wars day. 

Mr Guy and The Lady thought that was pretty funny that I misunderstood. I laughed too when they told me what was really said. I thought it was so funny I asked to lady to take my picture with some forks. Then I could tell all my readers “May the Forks Be with You”. She agreed. 

Even though it was a funny thing, Mr Guy and The Lady and I talked a long time about people using force against each other. I told them I did not want to see Star Wars. I do not want to see any wars. Even ones that are just stories. I don’t think people should use force, magical or real against each other. What if someone did not like blue and orange furry monsters and forced me to leave. This is my home. I came from Delaware, not Texas. But I live here now and would not want to leave. I am not in anyo
ne's way. I hope I make people happy with my writing. Why should someone want me to leave because I did not come from here? Or because I am a monster. Or because they do not like the color of my fur?

Mr Guy and The Lady said that sometimes people become so attached to their home that they consider anyone different to be dangerous. They only like people who look like they do. `They want other people to leave. And sometimes they use force to make that happen.

I said I did not understand. I have met a lot of people. They are all different. I have liked every one of them and they seemed to like me. If they came to our home I know The Lady and Mr Guy would welcome them. I would too.


And I would help give them dinner so the forks could be with them, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment